Professional Account Executive Job Description
The position of Account Executive at the Charlottesville Radio Group is a dynamic, fast paced, and challenging sales job. Successful Account Executives with or without advertising radio sales experience will be trained and developed using real-world sales training methods. All our focus and client activity is on the local market we serve with rare overnight travel.
The primary role of the Account Executive is to meet daily with local or regional businesses to ascertain their business goals and challenges and then offer, present, and close effective advertising and marketing solutions using the local stations’ broadcast, digital, and event sponsorship programs. Our proven and sustaining local advertising programs are designed to increase client market share and revenue.
The Account executive position requires excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as a persuasive personal style that creates trust and confidence when meeting new prospects. An entrepreneurial outlook will help drive successful account executives as each new hire will create their own client list through active and ongoing client prospecting and solicitation.
Persuasive verbal and written solicitation skills will serve the successful account executive well as this is the primary system to achieve initial prospect appointments. Managing multiple appointments, researching and preparing presentations, and the fast-paced business environment we operate in, requires strong time management and priority setting ability on a daily basis.
This position requires daily travel to local businesses and will require a reliable and well-running vehicle during normal business hours each day. The Account executive must be proficient in computer skills such as PowerPoint, Excel, and Word as well as daily activity and sales projection web-based applications. Additionally, a monthly sales budget is assigned with the achievement expected. This sales position offers a competitive benefits package and features an attractive commission plan. For more information about a long-term, rewarding career in radio advertising sales at the Charlottesville Radio Group, please reach out to Garrett Klingel at GKlingel@Charlottesvilleradiogroup.com
The Charlottesville Radio Group is an equal opportunity employer.
The Charlottesville Radio Group is looking for a production guru. Do you thrive on creating dynamic commercials that can keep our listeners engaged with our brands and advertisers? Are you a creative writer and great communicator? Do you want to live work and play in one of the most beautiful areas in the U.S.?
Charlottesville is one of the best places to have a family, get outside, and enjoy incredible arts & entertainment.
Role and Responsibilities
- Organization, attention to detail, team spirit and excellent communication skills are a must.
- The ideal candidate must be able to fully produce commercial content, including but not limited to voicing, producing, and writing copy.
- Qualified candidates will need to have fully functional experience producing with Adobe Audition.
- The candidate must also be able to conduct client recordings for our many loyal advertisers.
- Daily and weekend voice-tracked airshifts
- Hold a prominent role in the updating and maintenance of station imaging for all formats, including but not limited to show elements, legal ID’s, station promos/liner/sounders/etc.
- Has an ongoing, always active relationship with the sales staff and will be willing to help brainstorm campaign ideas.
- Experience with OMT, vCreative and vPromotions is a plus.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 2-5 years production experience necessary, on-air experience preferred.
Required Skills & Tools
- Ability to oversee all commercial and production activity for six (6) full time radio stations and a university sports network.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Must be able to fully produce commercial ads, promotional announcements, spec spots, as well as show/podcast elements as may be necessary.
- Must be able to work closely with all clients.
If you play well with others, want to work for one of the most stable companies in the industry, in a building with a great culture (we actually like each other), might enjoy our long-term partnership with the University of Virginia Athletics, in an outstanding university town, and think this might be a good long term fit for you… then send your best stuff to email@example.com
Charlottesville Radio Group is an equal opportunity employer.